These festive biscuits are tasty and suitable for anyone who has a dairy, gluten, egg or nut allergy.
Cooking time: 10-12 mins Makes 8 large or 16 small biscuits Free from: dairy, gluten, egg, nuts
Maybe you’re short on Christmas treats or just fancy making some festive creations. This simple, tasty and easy to make recipe is perfect for snacks and desserts. Plus it is suitable for those with various intolerances and allergies, without losing out on the taste!
What do you need?
55g of Vitalite (dairy free spread), 45g of granulated sugar, 85g of gluten free self-raising flour, 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 30g of nut-free cocoa powder, a pinch of cinnamon, 2tbsp of golden syrup and icing sugar to dust the biscuits
What to do:
- Place the sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda, a pinch of cinnamon and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix
- Add Vitalite and rub into the mixture with a fork, until the consistency becomes like breadcrumbs.Stir in golden syrup and mix well. Draw dough together to form a ball
- Divide dough into either 16 pieces to make small biscuits or 8 pieces for larger ones. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes (the mixture, not you!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line 2 baking sheets with parchment
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and roll in icing sugar, before placing each biscuit with growing room on a baking sheet
- Bake small biscuits for approximately 10 minutes and larger ones for 12
- Allow biscuits to firm on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack and finally store in an air tight container